List:       gstreamer-devel
Subject:    Re: [gst-devel] x264 plugin patch and a couple of questions
From:       Michal Benes <michal.benes () itonis ! tv>
Date:       2007-03-30 14:47:25

Hi Roman,

> I have created a simple patch for new x264 encoder plugin. It adds the
> code which forwards log messages from libx264 to gst log subsystem,
> maybe you will find it usefull.

	than you. It is indeed useful. I will adapt the patch little bit to
match style of other gstreamer plugins.

> I also have a couple of questions about this plugin
> Why do you need to add one frame period to pts when b-frames are used?
> You use timestamp queue to store/retrive buffer durations. But the
> order of encoded frames can be different from the order of the
> incoming buffers. I think you should lookup a queue entry with
> timestamp equal to the pts of output picture, not just use the queue
> as a ring buffer. Although I am not sure what practical value those
> buffer durations have.

	The queue is used for generating DTS. This is probably not the best
methos to do so, but it was reasonably easy one. PTS are retrieved from
the decoder correctly. We use some hack for storing DTS which are later
used by our mpeg-ts muxer. Packet queue would not be needed, because
normal GttBuffers can not hold DTS.

	Michal