List:       grub-help
Subject:    Grub2 - PXE boot fails to bring up RHEL7.4 and it hangs with a grub shell on my server with UEFI ver
From:       shenbagaraja s <mail2raja.nec () gmail ! com>
Date:       2018-07-19 22:09:50

Issue summary :

Configuring PXE netboot environment on my server with rhel74, it is unable
to boot and it hangs up at the grub shell prompt after applying the below
specific patch

"0256-efinet-Setting-DNS-server-from-UEFI-protocol.patch"

 and *on reverting this same patch the issue is not seen.*

I am building source rpm from grub2.02 beta2 version and my server runs
with UEFI version 2.4.

Though I came across that the *UEFI 2.4 doesn't support the
EFI_IP4_CONFIG2_PROTOCOL*, *I am trying to debug how grub2 is failing the
boot if it can't locate the protocol with the following
patch# 0256-efinet-Setting-DNS-server-from-UEFI-protocol.patch*

* How is this scenario handled in grub2 efinet module of when it can't
locate the IPv4 protocol from UEFI?*

Could you please help in identifying the root cause on what could be the
wrong with above patch if UEFI 2.4 doesn't support the IP4 config protocol?

Thanks