List:       grub-help
Subject:    How does grub-mkconfig search additional hard disks?
From:       Dynosaw <dynosaw3 () zeelandnet ! nl>
Date:       2018-07-19 14:47:16

This question is about a desktop PC with three hard disks.
Each of the three disks has a full (but different) bootable
linux distro installed.
The boot loader in question is GRUB2 running from the first
hard disk.

When I ran grub-mkconfig in the first hard disk, to update
the boot menu, it ignored one of the two kernel (vmlinuz-x.y.z)
files in the /boot directory on the third hard disk.

The question: When searching an (unmounted) second and third
hard disk what search criteria does grub-mkconfig (grub-probe?)
apply?

I can't find anything in the GRUB Manual (2017),r the man pages
nor grub-hel-Archives. Please can anybody help??
Thanks in advance.

Dynosaw