List:       gphoto-devel
Subject:    [GNU Photo devel] Feature Freeze (0.4 near)
From:       Scott. scottf () scs ! unr ! edu
Date:       1999-06-30 14:31:16

The code in CVS should now be considered frozen. The only commits should
be fixes for core dumps, and other bugs that could affect the
functionality.

New features should be added to the TODO list in the main archive
directory, and will be released in stable 0.6.

The developers would like to thank all the people who test and use
gPhoto for the feedback we've been getting. It's because of the
suggestions, bug reports, and patches that gPhoto has taken off in the
past 2 months.

As of now, gPhoto has been confirmed to work with over 60 models of
digital cameras, with I'm sure several unconfirmed models still out there.

Also, there is a BSD port underway. gPhoto 0.3.2 has been ported and
confirmed to work under FreeBSD.

For any news on the upcoming release, keep checking www.gphoto.org for
announcements.

-=Scott