List:       gphoto-devel
Subject:    [GNU Photo devel] DC240 lib
From:       Randy D. Scott scottr () wwa ! com
Date:       1999-06-30 4:02:49

S> hey randy: is the lib ready for prime time? :)

STILL waiting for CVS access... Miguel just told me yesterday to resend my
crypted password one more time and he'll try to recreate my account.  Yes,
for those playing along at home, its been almost 3 weeks that I've been
trying to get a CVS account created.

The lib is pretty close to ready for primetime.  Its got a strange problem
where if the camera's directory is larger than a single packet (something
like 11 or 12 directory entries), the lib causes a seg fault.  The same
thing happened in the driver before I rewrote it, and I can't figure out
what the problem is.  It also sometimes gets timeout errors when
transferring very large files from the camera (like 200-300kb).  This
should be pretty simple to fix, however.

I've been a little out of touch lately (mostly because I've routed the
gphoto mailing list traffic to a magic mail->news masturbator so I
never see stuff in my inbox anymore), so is it "safe" to commit the
new library to CVS now, or should I be waiting until the current
release becomes "stable?"