List:       gphoto-devel
Subject:    [gphoto-devel] Logitech QuickCam
From:       Michael Rensing <michael.rensing () shaw ! ca>
Date:       2002-11-30 20:55:34

I have a Logitech QuickCam which I would love to get working under
gphoto and v4l. I know that Logitech won't release the API so if anyone
is going to create a driver for it, they're going to have to sniff the
communications.

Neither gphoto nor v4l have any drivers for this even though it seems to
be one of the frequently asked for ones. Does anyone have any idea why?
Many other cameras have been sniffed and successful drivers written. Why
not Logitech?

On the same track, what software have people used to successfully sniff
the USB communications for other cameras?

TIA
--
Michael Rensing