List:       gphoto
Subject:    Re: [gphoto] USB camera's
From:       Hubert Figuiere <hfiguiere () teaser ! fr>
Date:       2001-12-27 9:58:25

According to Todd G. Gardner <nicoli@bigfoot.com>:

> I have a bunch of questions and I would greatly appreciate your help.
>
> Do you have any recommendations about what camera to purchase?
> I am considering the Kodak 215.  Is that a good choice?

Kodak DC215 is discontinued AFAIK.

> Should I upgrade or stick with gPhoto 0.4.3 from the Red Hat 7.2
> distribution?

gphoto 0.4.x is no longer supported. You may want to switch to gphoto2 plus
any of the frontends.

> How do I specify USB instead of serial?

DC215 is not USB. Otherwise, with gphoto2, just specify the port.

A side note: DC215 is not supported by gphoto2 because no developer here has
one. I have plans to include support for it in the DC240 driver, but that
will no be that easy as I won't have camera to test.

Hub