List:       gphoto
Subject:    Re: [gphoto] photostitch in linux
From:       Richard Moore <rmoore4 () home ! com>
Date:       2001-12-27 7:07:52

Warren Baird wrote:

> http://www.fh-furtwangen.de/~dersch/ has a gimp plugin that attempts to
> do photo stitching - I tried using it a year ago, and couldn't figure
> out how to do anything with it...  But it may have improved since
> then...

There's a plug-in version and a standalone version. Helmut Dersch recently
updated the Linux standalone version, but the plug-in is very much
out-of-date and I was not able to make it run on a more recent version
(1.2.2) of the Gimp. I hope he updates the plug-in someday but I suspect
he may have abandoned it (though he still supports a Photoshop plug-in,
I believe).

As an aside, I wonder, since Prof. Dersch has put the crucial functions
of his Panorama Tools into a library, would it be possible to have a
gphoto2 front end that works with the Panorama Tools library to incorporate
those features? (Besides panorama stitching, his tools are capable of
correcting
radial distortion and radial luminance, which could be of interest even to
those who aren't doing panoramas).

  -- Richard Moore