List:       gobolinux-users
Subject:    [gobolinux-users] NVidia 64 bits
From:       teique () gmail ! com (teique)
Date:       2006-06-18 3:29:22

I downloaded

. NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-1.0-8762-pkg2.run

for AMD64, but if I try to run it, it says:

. ERROR: this .run file is intended for the
. Linux-x86_64 platform, but you appear to be
. running on Linux-x86.  Aborting installation.

the point is, I have just compiled and I am running the new kernel in 64
bits, as I checked at /proc/config.gz

. # CONFIG_MPENTIUMII is not set
. CONFIG_MK8=y

where I check "if the kernel I am running is in 64 bits"? despite I
already know it...
where did nvidia driver got that info?
I browsed /proc but couldnt guess yet where those info are...

thx ^^

PS.: I have just upgraded to glibc 2.3.6 (from 2.3.2) and I will boot,
so I may take some time to come back ^^,
I am keeping both installed, tho... ^^
"ugh, this is so cold... my vision is fading out..." :P