List:       gobolinux-users
Subject:    [gobolinux-users] Re: kernel "types" .config files: normal, SCSI,
From:       teique () gmail ! com (teique)
Date:       2006-06-17 23:34:46

Hisham Muhammad wrote:
> On 6/17/06, teique <teique@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hisham Muhammad wrote:
>> > (snip)
>> would
>> >
>> > You missed the part where he explained you already have the file:
>> >
>> but that file (/proc/config.gz) isnt configured to SCSI afaik... as it
>> refers to default kernel kernel-2.6.11.9-Gobo w/o SCSI support (I
>> couldnt boot with it, only with the SCSI one)
>
> It is a virtual file. It refers to whatever kernel you are running at
> the time. You said you booted with kernel-SCSI, so just boot that and
> grab its /proc/config.gz.

omg... ^^

well XD, so ok, I boot my old gobo install with old PATA HD so I could
grab config file w/o SCSI builtin support,
I compared with my current install on SATA HD and the only unique
difference is
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_SD=y #(y to SATA, m to PATA)
these are all about kernel 2.6.11.9

my only guess is that there is some problem with new kernel 2.6.16.20,
cuz I compiled it with same config option =y and it didnt work..
so I will postpone its install and work only with old kernel ^^

thx dude! ^^