List:       gnuplot-info
Subject:    Re: extra character
From:       "Dick Crawford" <crawford () arete ! com>
Date:       2000-10-11 15:05:03

On Wednesday, October 11, 2000 Reinhold Zwingel <zwingel@atb.de>
 wrote:

> does anyone know, how to put extra characters, which are not in the
> symbol character set?
>
> I need the "entpricht"-symbol (I do'nt know the english word) which is
> expressed by the combination of = and ^  .

Does this character exist in the ISO 8859 character set?  If so, you can use
that character set (assuming the terminal you use supports it) by means of
the "set encoding" command.

If the character does not exist in a character set available to your gnuplot
installation, perhaps you can create it by overwriting one character on
another using the enhanced syntax of the postscript terminal.  This does not
always work and when it does it can be very tricky, but on occasion it can
produce satisfactory results.  The syntax might look something like '@\^='.
See "help enhanced_postscript" for details about what this means.

If you compile your own version of gnuplot 3.7, there is a patch available
for enhanced postscript which makes overprinting characters a bit more
versatile (it lets you shift them vertically as well as center them
horizontally).  If you'd like to add that, let me know and I'll send it to
you.

Dick Crawford, aka crawford@arete.com

 - -
[[[[ to unsubscribe from info-gnuplot, send an email with body
unsubscribe info-gnuplot
to majordomo@dartmouth.edu
]]]]