List:       gnuplot-info
Subject:    Re: [Gnuplot-info] using hypertext labels with multiple datasets and a key/legend
From:       Kevin Klein <kklein1 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2015-02-10 20:27:07

Thanks for the tips.  I was able to get a plot with both data points and
hypertext labels on the plot but with only data points visible in the
legend using a command of this form:

notitle w labels hypertext point lc rgb #FFFFFFFF

note that I made the points associated with the hypertext labels
transparent.  I did this because I did not want to see visible points on
the graph associated with the hypertext labels (that's what the first plot
statement is for - to create the actual visible data points on the graph),
yet the hypertext labels apparently don't work unless there is an actual
point on the graph associated with the label via the "point" statement that
follows "w labels hypertext".  I tried setting the hypertext point size to
0 and also tried using nopoint, but these prevented the labels from showing
up.

Kevin