List:       gnuplot-info
Subject:    pm3d: independent colormap
From:       "EXT-Lee, Joanna S" <Joanna.S.Lee () boeing ! com>
Date:       2002-07-22 17:18:36

Hello,

Is there a way to plot a surface and an independent colormap on top of it
which gets its value from the fourth column of a datafile?  When I try to
splot the colormap with "set pm3d at s", I get "its" surface plot, not the
surface plot that I'd like using columns 1:2:3...

Also, I'm using gnuplot3.8i, and it seems that even though 'help pm3d'
points out that it can map non-gridded data points, I experience that I have
to grid the datafile before I can map the 3d points.

Joanna

 - -
[[[[ to unsubscribe from info-gnuplot, send an email with body
unsubscribe info-gnuplot
to majordomo@dartmouth.edu
]]]]