List:       gnuplot-info
Subject:    RE: Query on contour plots
From:       "crawford" <crawford () arete ! com>
Date:       2002-07-22 16:08:02

On Monday, July 22, 2002 Ray Smardon wrote:

> Hello,
> I am currently having problems regarding a simple 2D contour
> plot. It is a
> case of getting the aspect ratio to give me a meaningful plot, more
> specifically the apparent angle of a bond-chain appears wrong.
>
> I have read the help pages available both asociated with the
> program and
> on the WEB and I am having no luck. I hav e tried to use the
> following
> commands
> set size square
> set size ratio 0.5
> set size ratio 2.53
> all of these give me the same result (the plot looks identical to the
> previous), indicating that the aspect ratio of the plot has
> not changed.
> Can you help?

"set size" applies only to plots drawn with the "plot" command -- it has no
effect on those drawn with "splot".

How are you creating the 2D contour plot -- "set view 0,0; set contour ...;
splot ..."?
If so, you may have to fall back on "set xrange" or "set yrange".

A more complicated approach is to use the "table" terminal to write the
contours to a file.  You can then "plot" the contours from that file as you
would plot from any multi-dataset file.

Dick Crawford, aka crawford@arete.com

 - -
[[[[ to unsubscribe from info-gnuplot, send an email with body
unsubscribe info-gnuplot
to majordomo@dartmouth.edu
]]]]