List:       gnupg-users
Subject:    revoked ids
From:       Josh Huber <huber () alum ! wpi ! edu>
Date:       2001-02-22 2:48:37

Ok, so revoking an id works well, by revoking the self-signature on
that ID, but when verifying a signature with mutt for example:

gpg: Signature made Wed 21 Feb 2001 02:59:57 PM EST using DSA key ID 6B21489A
gpg: Good signature from "Josh Huber <huber@mclx.com>"
gpg:                 aka "Josh Huber <huberj@wpi.edu>"
gpg:                 aka "Josh Huber <huber@nightshade.org>"
gpg:                 aka "Josh Huber <huber@debian.org>"
gpg:                 aka "Josh Huber <huber@alum.wpi.edu>"

but it gets displayed in a useful way with gpg --list-key huber:
pub  1024D/6B21489A 2000-01-20 Josh Huber <huber@mclx.com>
uid                            [revoked] Josh Huber <huberj@wpi.edu>
uid                            Josh Huber <huber@nightshade.org>
uid                            Josh Huber <huber@debian.org>
uid                            Josh Huber <huber@alum.wpi.edu>

Could revoked IDs not be displayed when verifying a signature?  or
perhaps there's an option I'm missing? (if there is, I think it should
be on by default).

Thanks,

--
Josh Huber