List:       gnome-gui
Subject:    SORRY
From:       Vincent Harvey <vharvey () enteract ! com>
Date:       1999-09-11 3:50:11

I decided to try out a CVS release. WOW. The last time I tried gnome from
CVS, you were lucky if the damn configure script worked. Compiled without a
hitch (once I found the autoconf macros in gnome-common), and seems stable.
One problem, you have to install it where the rest of your gnome apps are,
or you don't get all of the pixmaps. Like I have the rest of gnome in /usr,
and tried to install the gnome-core from CVS in /usr/local/gnome, which
didn't work (it worked after I did ldconfig and what not, but no pretty new
icons).

Anyway, yes, gnome has Tear Off Menus now, in case you intrested. With
gnome-core from CVS, and the rest RPMS, gnome looks a hell of a lot
different.

I guess I should do CVS checkouts more. Is GMC this much improved?