I decided to try out a CVS release. WOW. The last time I tried gnome from CVS, you were lucky if the damn configure script worked. Compiled without a hitch (once I found the autoconf macros in gnome-common), and seems stable. One problem, you have to install it where the rest of your gnome apps are, or you don't get all of the pixmaps. Like I have the rest of gnome in /usr, and tried to install the gnome-core from CVS in /usr/local/gnome, which didn't work (it worked after I did ldconfig and what not, but no pretty new icons). Anyway, yes, gnome has Tear Off Menus now, in case you intrested. With gnome-core from CVS, and the rest RPMS, gnome looks a hell of a lot different. I guess I should do CVS checkouts more. Is GMC this much improved? Vincent Harvey wrote: > How about tear off menus for main menus? Like WindowMaker does. > > It might be usefull, and consistent with the rest of gnome applications. > -------------- > Vincent Harvey > > -- > FAQ: Frequently-Asked Questions at http://www.gnome.org/gnomefaq > To unsubscribe: mail gnome-gui-list-request@gnome.org with > "unsubscribe" as the Subject. -- -------------- Vincent Harvey -- FAQ: Frequently-Asked Questions at http://www.gnome.org/gnomefaq To unsubscribe: mail gnome-gui-list-request@gnome.org with "unsubscribe" as the Subject.