List:       gnome
Subject:    Gedit issues
From:       Chris Arnold <carnold () electrichendrix ! com>
Date:       2008-02-17 22:01:36

Hello all! We use SLES10 SP1 with gnome 2.12, i think. Gnome has not been updated, it \
is the default install provided by SLES10. The problem is, when using gedit \
2.12.1-28.22 with php files, js and tables are not showing. I can open the same file \
on a different box and all the js and table tags are there. I had this problem before \
and i renamed /etc/opt/gnome/gconf/gconf.xml.defaults/schemas/apps/gedit-2/preferences/encodings/%gconf.xml \
and it worked. Then SLES10 had an "update" for readline and since then, this problem \
has come back. I back-dated to the earlier readline but samething. I have also \
re-installed gedit and renamed the folder \
/etc/opt/gnome/gconf/gconf.xml.defaults/schemas/apps/gedit-2 and updated gconf which \
recreated the /etc/opt/gnome/gconf/gconf.xml.defaults/schemas/apps/gedit-2 folder. \
Still, same problem. I got this in the logs when installing gedit: failed to parse \
default value "i-[UTF-8,YANGOKU,ISO-8859-15,UTF-16]' for schema \
(/schemas/apps/gedit-2/preferences/encodings/auto_detected)

I can also use joe editor on that same box and the file appears as it ought. Bluefish \
also does the samething as gedit (some of the code is missing). Has anyone seen this \
gnome-list mailing list
gnome-list@gnome.org