List:       gimp-user
Subject:    [Gimp-user] Re: Compiling 2.3.7 under FC4,
From:       "Colin Brace" <cb () lim ! nl>
Date:       2006-02-27 10:40:03

[Attachment #2 (text/plain)]

Thanks to the assistance of gimp lister Tom this past weekend, I have
now succeeded in installing 2.3.7 on Fedora. The main problem turned
out be some obsolete .pc files in /usr/lib/pkgconfig related to some
gtk2 dependencies, namely atk, glib, cairo, and pango, which I had
installed in /usr/local. When I reversed the order of pkgconfig's
search path :

[colin@ariel lib]$ export
PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/share/pkgconfig:/usr/lib/pkgconfig

I was eventually able to get 2.3.7 to compile. Without python, but
I'll tackle that another time...

Thanks again, Tom!

--
  Colin Brace