List:       gimp-print-devel
Subject:    Re: [Gimp-print-devel] Canon Pixma MG2450 multifunction printer
From:       Gernot Hassenpflug <aikishugyo () gmail ! com>
Date:       2014-05-22 1:59:28

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

On Tue, May 20, 2014 at 3:43 PM, RobinFruitcake <robinfruitcake@gmail.com>wrote:

> Dear Gutenprint,
>
> first, thanks for your great software - it has kept some good old printers
> running!
> Do you have any plans for a driver for the Canon Pixma MG2450 so it can
> run under Mac OS 10.4.11 ?
> Even if it was just the printer part it would be very welcome.

Hello Brendan,

Sorry, it seems you are out of luck syncing a new all-in-one with an (as
far as Apple is concerned) obsolete version of MacOSX.

The brand-new MG2400 series was added in gutenprint 5.2.10, which no longer
supports MacOSX 10.4 unfortunately.

Since gutenprint is only a printer driver, it will not help you for
scanning.
For scanning, the SANE project is an open-source project to support
scanners.
The MG2400 series has not yet been supported, although reports have come
in, and the developers are waiting for one reporter to send in relevant
data.
Please send mail to their mailing list to ask about support for MacOSX, or
how to build on your system.
Registering for the sane-devel mailing list is here (yes, this is the one
users should use, it is not only for developers):

Here is the website of a person who has compiled packages for MacOSX with
the Twain interface.
http://www.ellert.se/twain-sane/
See the old archive for MacOSX 10.4 packages.
Unfortunately, since the MG2400 is not new, the old MacOSX 10.4 package
will not help you.

I see that Canon only released driver for MacOSX10.6 and above.

Best regards,
Gernot Hassenpflug