List:       gimp-developer
Subject:    [gimp-devel] scroll bars problem
From:       Cyrano <a () alanho ! student ! princeton ! edu>
Date:       1998-08-25 1:35:09

As some have suggested this is a developer issue, I am forwarding this from
gimp-user to ask for your thoughts.

> > In some dialogue boxes such as in the Filter -> Map -> Map Object plugin
> > there are scroll bars which present values in units of 1/10th, yet I
> > can't seem to adjust their values that finely. The finest adjustment I
> > seem to be able to achieve is increments of 1. Is there a way to
> > control this more precisely?

The "Depth" scroll bar can be adjusted in increments of 0.1  On the other
hand, it is rather difficult to control the plane orientation scroll bars
(under the "Orientation" tab). The best I can do by dragging the scrollbar is
roughly incrementation by 3.7. If I click on the dark gray space beside the
scrollbar I can move in precise increments of 1.

So my (newly discovered) work-around is:

Drag tho scrollbar around until I find any number with the tenth
place digit that I want, and then click-and-hold on the gray space
until I reach the whole number setting that I want.

While this works, it feels more like a bug than a feature.

- -Alan
alanho@princeton.edu