List:       gimp-developer
Subject:    Re: [gimp-devel] Gimp and GTK+ 1.1 ? when ?
From:       <nuke () bayside ! net>
Date:       1998-08-24 12:28:07

On Sat, 22 Aug 1998, Sebastien Barre wrote:

> I'am not a gimp developper, but I am wondering about something :
>
> - gnome >= 0.2 (0.25, 0.27, 0.28) needs gtk+ > 1.1.*, which itself now
> needs glib > 1.1.* (glib 1.0.* was part of gtk+ 1.0.*)
>
> I was unable to rebuild The Gimp (using the stable release) due to these
> API changes (all the GdkAccel stuff).
>
> Does anyone know when (or "where") The Gimp will be re-synchronized with
> GTK+ ?
>
> Does the development release currently use GTK+ >= 1.1.* ? And if yes, is
> there a way to download it without having to install all the CVS stuff
> (which I am not used to).

yes it does, you can get daily snapshots of the CVS tree using FTP on
ftp.jimpick.com. basically, you can just untar it, then ./autogen.sh;make
install. although when you use the latest up-to-the-day snapshot of gimp,
you'll very likely need the glib and gtk from that same day. development of
these moves extremely fast, usually due to tim janik :) kudos to that man.
|        / |/ /_ __/ /_____         |       Nuke Skyjumper               |
|       /    / // /  '_/ -_)        |         "Master of the Farce"      |