List:       gimp-developer
Subject:    Re: [Gimp-developer] jpeg quality factor
From:       gg () catking ! net
Date:       2007-07-13 20:42:29

On Fri, 13 Jul 2007 20:49:49 +0200,
<saulgoode@flashingtwelve.brickfilms.com> wrote:

> I fail to see how I have misused the term "default" in any of this
> explanation.

Sorry , apparently you missed the other post where I explained this more
fully, I assumed everyone who was following this was reading the posts.

The point is that default means a value to be used when no defined value
is available. A value to be used by default.

When an image already has a value for jpeg_quality , or any other
paramter, replacing this is not providing a default it is a forcing.

Hope that make it clearer.