List:       gimp-developer
Subject:    Re: [Gimp-developer] Bug...or do we turn it into a feature?
From:       "Joao S. O. Bueno Calligaris" <gwidion () mpc ! com ! br>
Date:       2004-09-20 5:05:20

On Sunday 19 September 2004 20:48, Nathan Summers wrote:
> On Sun, 19 Sep 2004 18:39:29 -0300, Joao S. O. Bueno Calligaris
>
> <gwidion@mpc.com.br> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I just came across  a GIMP behavior that although is a programing
> > error, I have liked, and as it may be hard to fix, it could be
> > documented to become more a feature than a bug.
> >
> > It has to do with Quick Mask: If one enables it, and while it is
> > on, click to select a new working drawable (either in the Layers
> > or in the dialogs channel), the QuickMask will still be visible,
> > but drawing will take place on the newly selected drawable.
>
> It seems to me that the "correct" behavior is that the new drawable
> becomes activated, but quickmask is still on -- that is, the paint
> tools still affect the selection mask.

Sven pointed me out that the QuickMask is just a normal Gimp Channel,
and behaves exactly like one, except for the fact it has interface
shortcuts - i.e.  the quickmask button and context menu.

So there is no bug at all, it is only  a matter of letting this being
widely known. People @ gimp-docs, is it in the manual already?

> Rockwalrus

	JS
	-><-