List:       gfs-users
Subject:    [gfs-users] Compiling GFS4.0 on 2.4.1pre10
From:       Tudor TEUSAN <ttudor () performanse ! fr>
Date:       2001-01-29 11:27:13

Hi,

I seem to be unable compile the GFS source on a 2.4.1pre10 kernel.

I followed the advice of Steve, I gave up the old 2.4.0 kernel and after
patching the 2.4.1pre10 the problem about the undefined
"gfs_callback_end_io()" in the main.c of src/fs/arch_linux_2_4 got
fixed.
This time the compiler displays error messages in the gnbd part of GFS.
More precisely, once making src/gnbd/cli//main.c it says:

1.
In file included from main.c:75:
gndb.h:138:conflicting types for 'gndb_request'
/usr/src/linux/include/linux/blk.h:358:previous declaration of
gnbd_request

in gnbd.h (138) I found
void gnbd_request(void);

in main.c

#define DEVICE_REQUEST gnbd_request

followed by, in <linux/blk.h> (357)

#ifdef DEVICE_REQUEST
static void (DEVICE_REQUEST)(request_queue_t *);
#endif

2.
Immediately after this, on the following lines it complains:
main.c :107: warning: initialization makes pointer from integer without
a cast
main.c :109: ...
main.c :111:

This happens in the main.c file once instantiating a gendisk structure

struct gendisk gnbd_gendisk = {
    0,
    DEVICE_NAME,
}

The declaration of the gendisk structure in <linux/genhd.h> does not
actually match the initialization (starting with the fifth
field that is a struct hd_struct *part in genhd.h, initialized with 255
in main.c). Is gnbd supported only under 2.2.18 kernels ?
How can I leave this feature out (must be a configure --disable-FEATURE,
but what is the name of the feature to disable ?) ?

Sorry for these "I can't figure it out, help me" messages. But I could
really use your help.

Regards,
Tudor TEUSAN