List:       gfs-devel
Subject:    re: [gfs-devel] question for the list regarding parallel databases
From:       Alan Jones <alan.jones () sun ! com>
Date:       2001-04-26 17:28:07

I believe OPS has multiple logs, one per system (or instence).

Alan

---

From: "Matthew O'Keefe" <okeefe@borg.umn.edu>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 09:45:43 -0500
To: gfs-devel@sistina.com
Cc: "Matthew O'Keefe" <okeefe@brule.borg.umn.edu>, David.Brower@oracle.com

Hi,
I have a question for this list, and David Brower, our friend
from Oracle, specifically.

Do parallel databases (ie, databases that run on parallel computers
and support multiple simultaneous queries) generally have
multiple logs, one per machine?  If they have only one log for
transactions, how do they avoid this particular log becoming
a bottleneck?  What about Oracle Parallel Server -- does it have
multiple logs?  Any feedback or thoughts on this issue are welcome.

Regards,
Matt O'Keefe