List:       gentoo-user
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-user] alsamixer - no sound
From:       thelma () sys-concept ! com
Date:       2023-12-16 22:23:26

On 12/16/23 15:02, Vít Smolík wrote:
> so 16. 12. 2023 v 21:20 odesílatel <thelma@sys-concept.com> napsal:
> >
> > After recent upgrade I have no sound.
> >
> > Running as root:  alsamixer
> > XDG_RUNTIME_DIR (/run/user/1000) is not owned by us (uid 0), but by uid 1000! \
> > (This could e.g. happen if you try to connect to a non-root PulseAudio as a root \
> > user, over the native protocol. Don't do that.)
> > Does dir: /run/user/1000
> > should be own by "root:root"  or user on the system?
> >
> > When I run:
> > chown root:root /run/user/1000
> >
> > alsamixer
> > ALSA lib /var/tmp/portage/media-plugins/alsa-plugins-1.2.7.1-r1/work/alsa-plugins-1.2.7.1/pulse/pulse.c:242:(pulse_connect) \
> > PulseAudio: Unable to connect: Access denied
> > cannot open mixer: Connection refused
> >
> > --
> > Thelma
> >
> are you logged in as your normal non-root user? If yes, don't run
> alsamixer as root, but just as your normal user.

If I run alsamiser as user, it allows me to select card with "F6" to: "default: 1"
but pressing ESC, the setting are not preserved,

"alsactl store" - does not preserve it either.

I have: media-sound/alsa-utils installed but I don't seem any files on the system:

/etc/asound.conf - Global (system wide) configuration file.
~/.asoundrc - Local (per user) configuration file.