List:       gentoo-user
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Highlight certain packages being upgraded
From:       Dale <rdalek1967 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2023-07-10 3:45:52

Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
> On 08/07/2023 11:33, Dale wrote:
>> that excessively long qt package
> Off-topic, but just in case you mean qtwebengine, I was able to get
> rid of it by putting "-webengine" in my USE flags. After a world
> update, a depclean should then remove it from the system.
>
> You might have to juggle a few other USE flags in specific packages to
> make it happen though, I forgot. It's been a while.

That's a idea but since everything works well enough, I don't mind the
compile times. After all, I nap while it does it anyway.  Someone else
may see that info and find it interesting tho.  Maybe someone with a
laptop or a really under-powered system.  I never thought about trying
to get rid of it.  I didn't know it was possible even.

Thanks.

Dale

:-)  :-)