List:       gentoo-user
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-user] Highlight certain packages being upgraded
From:       Jack <ostroffjh () users ! sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2023-07-08 20:22:36

What about piping the output of emerge through 'tee' into a file.  You
can then grep that file for the package names you are interested in, and
they will clearly be highlighted.  True, you will need to look at the
portage output directly to decide whether or not to proceed, and then
separately at the grep of the same text to see if you need to take other
actions.