List:       gentoo-user
Subject:    [gentoo-user] Highlight certain packages being upgraded
From:       Dale <rdalek1967 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2023-07-08 8:33:30

Howdy,

I was wondering.  Is there a way to highlight certain packages that are
about to be upgraded?  Example, I like to know when some larger packages
like Firefox, LOo, that excessively long qt package and a couple others
are going to be upgraded.  Some that are listed in the world file show
up in a darker green and are easier to see however, some are not. They
are dependencies of another package but I'd like to have them stick out
in the list of packages to be upgraded.  I don't recall ever seeing
anyone mention this as a feature of emerge or heard of a way to
configure such a thing either.  That said, it could be possible and just
not well known.

I'd like to be able to have those packages show up as red or something
like that.  If it is possible.

Thoughts?  Ever heard of such a thing?

Dale

:-)  :-)