List:       gentoo-user
Subject:    [gentoo-user] Re: Activating BMQ CPU Scheduler
From:       Nikos Chantziaras <realnc () gmail ! com>
Date:       2023-05-16 12:25:06

On 06/05/2023 17:45, Holger Hoffstätte wrote:
> Unfortunately it seems that a recent change in the mainline kernel
> introduced a bit of an incompatibility, which is why the BMQ/PDS patch
> now turns it off. We're trying to get that incompatibility fixed.
>
> Anyway: glad you're up and running now!

I had two lockups in one week, so I reverted back to CFQ. It happened
while I wasn't using the machine. I came back to find it unresponsive,
except the mouse cursor still moves. But you can't do anything other
than move the mouse. Not even SysRq works. Usually I can do the SysRq+
REISSUB key sequence to reboot machines that stopped responding, but it
doesn't do anything in this case. The log contains nothing, meaning
logging has locked up too.