List:       gentoo-user
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-user] Re: console size/display anomaly
From:       "Walter Dnes" <waltdnes () waltdnes ! org>
Date:       2020-10-31 15:38:31

On Fri, Oct 30, 2020 at 01:41:56PM -0400, John Blinka wrote

> This beast is an LG 42 LS 5700.  Some documentation hints that PC
> connections may not use overscan.  I???m using HDMI.  Haven???t seen
> any input labeling facility, but then haven???t been on the lookout
> for it, either.  Potentially useful.

  Go to https://www.lg.com/sg/tvs/lg-42LS5700-led-tv and page down to
"VIDEO"...

Aspect Ratio  7 modes (No Zoom Mode) ( 16:9,    Picture Wizard II
              Just scan, Original, Full Wide,
              4:3, 14:9, Cinema Zoom 1)

Picture Mode  7 Modes(Intelligent sensor,       Just Scan (0% overscan)
              Vivid, Standard, Cinema,Game,
              isf Expert1, isf Expert2)

  The way I read it,  is to go into "Picture Wizard II" menu and
select "Aspect Ratio" option "Just scan".  Hopefully this solves your
problem.

--
Walter Dnes <waltdnes@waltdnes.org>