List:       gentoo-user
Subject:    [gentoo-user] arguments in alias?
From:       "Christian Schaefer" <caefer () krachstoff ! net>
Date:       2004-05-07 11:40:06

hi all!

I'd like to create an alias of emerge that basically performs as emerge
with all given options and arguments but writes all output to standart out
_and_ to /root/<datetime>.out.

and I do not want to think about it, I want this to happen as soon as I
fire up 'emerge -U something'.

is it possible to have something like

alias emerge="emerge %args" | tee /tmp/ŽdateŽ.out"

thanks a bunch!
/christian

--
begin  LOVE-LETTER-FOR-YOU.txt.vbs
I am a signature virus. Distribute me until the bitter