List:       gentoo-user
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-user] Install problem
From:       Ron Keller <rakeller () shaw ! ca>
Date:       2004-04-04 19:34:26

Since posting the origianl query, I did a google search and found some
references to that very problem.  Those references pertained moslly to
RedHat; and it seems that kernel versions prior to 2.4.18 had a problem
with Ali chipsets.  And, of course that's the chipset in this particular
machine.

So, perhaps the LiveCD version I downloaded does not contain the Ali
chipset patch.. I will try the universal livecd you mentioned.  Thanks
for responding

Ron