List:       gentoo-user
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-user] Power down question
From:       George <thumper () acun ! com>
Date:       2002-12-11 23:53:07

I had the same problem, as it turned out, it was my 3c590 3COM Etherlink III
card, aparently redhat and suse (both have been on this machine) coded around
the problem, although all of my *stock* kernels builds on those distros would
not shutdown either.
I put in 2 netgear fa311's that I had for a completely different reason and
shutdown started to work again.
Oh and instead of pulling the power cord, try holding the power button in for
4 or 5 seconds.

George