List:       gentoo-user
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-user] Mozilla, TrueType fonts and Xft...
From:       Timothy Grant <tjg () craigelachie ! org>
Date:       2002-06-18 17:40:30

On Tue, 2002-06-18 at 10:25, Jay Davis wrote:
> On Tuesday 18 June 2002 11:53 am, Timothy Grant wrote:
>
> > Something happened to the font rendering in the newest Moz rendering
> > engine. It is now absolutely awful. It sort of looks like it is trying
> > to do AA fonts, but the results are miserable.
>
> Woohoo!

Glad you are rejoicing at my misery! It's always nice to know that you
don't stand alone in a problem.

The IRC channel has had nothing but deafening silence on this issue, so
I finally asked here.

> http://fireserver.ath.cx/gentoo/msg25955.html

Thanks for the pointer. I appreciate it.

I went to Gentoo to avoid RPMS! I'm gonna fight with that unix.js file
and see what happens. In the meantime at least I have Konqi to help me
over the bad spots.

--
Stand Fast,
    tjg.