List:       gentoo-sparc-dev
Subject:    default-sparc profiles
From:       Jack Morgan <jmorgan () gentoo ! org>
Date:       2002-12-26 1:14:14

Hey,

I've updated the default-sparc profiles. Please take a look and double check
my efforts. Basically we have default-sparc-1.0 which is gcc-2.95.3 and
default-sparc-1.4 which has gcc-3.2.1.

Currently, a gcc-3.2.1 kernel will not boot on a sparc32 box. So we should
advice our sparc32 users to use the sparc-1.0 profile. Hopefully, we can
get sparc-1.4 working with gcc-3.2.

I will be working on Gentoo most of my 9 day New Years holiday so let me
know if you have any issues with these profiles.

Happy Holidays,

--
Jack Morgan
Gentoo Sparc				http://www.gentoo.org/~jmorgan