List:       gentoo-sparc-dev
Subject:    Re: Sparc keywords
From:       Jack Morgan <jmorgan () gentoo ! org>
Date:       2002-12-08 6:09:54

On Fri, Dec 06, 2002 at 11:44:35AM -0600, Manson wrote:

> Ok all ... I have been able to script the changing of all keywords for all
> affected ebuilds only problem is ... progress. As portage constantly changes in
> these last few weeks I need a window of opportunity. I need about an hour and a
> half where cvs does not get changed at all. Before I can make the changes I need
> ebuilds that are being worked on commited and then the maintainer can grab the
> new copy when I am done.
>
> I ran into a major problem today with the process as the maintainer of Gnome
> pulled some ebuilds out of portage, I am unsure what else for sure changed as
> the # of errors was pretty high, compared to my latest sync (last night) having
> 0 errors. As everyone can see this is a pretty major issue.
>
> If anyone has any suggestions I am open.

Can you send us the script or commit to cvs so we can have a look at it. I also
mentioned in #gentoo-sparc that we should do "change some ebuilds" --> commit
then "change some more ebuilds" --> commit type cycle as commiting all at once
is difficult.

I suggest doing all sparc64 --> sparc first then ~sparc64 --> ~sparc or even
break these up into smaller parts.

Either way, can we get your script?

--
Jack Morgan