List:       gentoo-sparc
Subject:    [gentoo-sparc] tg3 ethernet problem on sunblade 1500
From:       Cedric Godin <cedric.godin () skynet ! be>
Date:       2004-06-30 12:38:10

Hello,

I've received a new sparc workstation (sunblade 1500) and tried to install a
gentoo on it. But I did'nt manage to make the ethernet card to work.
It's a Broadcom Corporation NetXtreme (BCM5703) Gigabit eth

I tried without success the 2.4.25-r1, 2.4.26-r2 and 2.6.5 kernels.
I always find this lines in my log file :

tg3: tg3_halt timed out for eth0, firmware will not restart magic=4b657654
tg3: tg3_reset_hw timed out for ....

I tried to play with ethtool without success (but with a oops).

Any help is appreciated.

PS : i'm not an english talker so sorry if I made mistakes ;-)