List:       gentoo-sparc
Subject:    Packages without sparc keywords
From:       <smoret-gentoo-sparc () genocide ! net>
Date:       2003-05-04 1:29:01

I've been messing around with gentoo linux on my Ultra 60 for about a
week now and have noticed there are quite a few ebuilds that don't have
KEYWORD lines for sparc. Is this because there is no sparc maintainer
associated with these packages and thus nobody to verify that each
ebuild works for sparc? Or is it actually because these packages do not
work on sparc at all?

At first I thought it was because I had my ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="sparc" but
since I've set it to "~sparc" the packages still don't come up. I looked
in the actual ebuild files for the packages and they are usually only
have x86 and occasionally ppc listed.

I'm tempted to just change the ebuilds for my benefit (to try them out)
but I figured if there was anything I could do to help the community I'd
try and chip in.

--
Steve Moret
smoret-gentoo-sparc@genocide.net