List:       gentoo-sparc
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-sparc] First install
From:       Weeve <weeve () gentoo ! org>
Date:       2003-05-03 16:33:57

On Sat, 3 May 2003, Patrick Marquetecken wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a sparc4 with 64mb of ram, and will give gentoo a try on this system. Where \
> can i find a bootable iso file to start the install i have been searching the \
> archives but hve not found a answer.

Hi Patrick.

You can get our last officially released ISO image at
http://distro.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/distributions/gentoo/releases/build/1.1a/gentoo-sparc-1.1a-r2.iso. \
 One thing to note however, is you will have to use a stage tarball from
the 1.4_rc2 release or earlier to use it.  We also have a new ISO image
that is still in the testing phase that you can find at
http://cvs.gentoo.org/~weeve/iso/gentoo-s32-s64-test3.iso if you are
feeling daring.

Feel free to post back if you have any more questions or run into any
problems or whatnot.

Weeve