List:       gentoo-sparc
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-sparc] Bug 20040
From:       Christian Birchinger <joker () gentoo ! org>
Date:       2003-04-28 15:35:28

My problem is more the update process. This patch would not make
me wait before i bump the kernelversion.
But we would lose functionality we had before which can also be
very annoying for users.

If i'm alowed to simply drop this patch again in future kernel
releases i could add it. But i think the damage is bigger then
when it never gets added at all.

I don't know how blindly users bump their kernel.