List:       gentoo-project
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-project] Groups under the Council or Foundation: the structure & processes thereof
From:       "William L. Thomson Jr." <wlt-ml () o-sinc ! com>
Date:       2016-10-14 1:53:39

On Thursday, October 13, 2016 7:22:44 PM EDT Matthias Maier wrote:

> I understand that you naturally feel quite strongly about what happened
> a while ago, but I would like to kindly ask you to discuss this specific
> topic and issue you raise on the other thread (threads) you opened, not
> on this one.

Ok

> The discussion here was about a very specific question about
> responsibilities of Gentoo bodies and power.

That is exactly what I was working on in 2008 when things turned bad. If you
see the changes to the By Laws, and other ideas I had expressed. It just took
years for any action. In part why this thread exist.

Would this thread exist if it were it not for the others?

> While things might have evolved differently if the past weren't as it is
> a - this simply doesn't change the simple fact how it is now. And that
> the project (the people involved and the mindset) are quite a bit
> different nowadays.

Yes and no, there is new blood new ideas, very good! Still some of the old, it
is a mix. Old did effect the new in 2015 with my return. That was bad.

--
William L. Thomson Jr.