List:       gentoo-project
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-project] Gentoo Council 2014 / 2015 election
From:       hasufell <hasufell () gentoo ! org>
Date:       2014-07-01 18:24:52

Ciaran McCreesh:
> On Tue, 01 Jul 2014 16:41:46 +0000
> hasufell <hasufell@gentoo.org> wrote:
>> * you have a problem with a council member => you go to ComRel in need
>> of help
>
> The Council is the ultimate authority. ComRel has no power over it.

I'm not sure if you understand the point of ComRel. It's not ruling by
authority.

However, the worst case is that someone will not contact anyone if he's
got a problem with a guy who is both on council and comrel.

Similar problems have happened in the past, that should be clear. If you
don't believe me, check gentoo-core.