List:       gentoo-user
Subject:    [gentoo-user] MC and Ctrl+O
From:       Jonathan Hunt <jhuntnz () users ! sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2002-10-07 9:03:54

Hi,

I'm in the processing of moving from Mandrake to Gentoo. Kde3 is up & running
and I am writing this email under gentoo. That's good. But one problem that
i'm sure is really simple to fix is this. When running midnight commander
(mc) as my user I can't use the Ctrl + O to switch back to a command prompt.
If I am logged in a linux terminal mc says "Not an xterm or a linux console
that panels cannot be toggled." Under X with konsole going ctrl + o  switchs
back to the prompt but i can't type anything. However if I su to root then
everything works fine. Can anybody help me fix this.

Thanks,
Jonathan

--
Jonathan Hunt (The Real Jonathan Hunt) <jhuntnz@users.sourceforge.net>