List:       gentoo-mips
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-mips] compile error
From:       David Cummings <real.psyence () gmail ! com>
Date:       2005-07-01 17:36:51

alright, let's start over with the regular, not masked mips-sources.
This gives me a linux-2.6.10-20050115 folder and sources. OK. here is
my .config:
http://davec.churchofthedollar.com/.config
and the results of mips64make:
http://davec.churchofthedollar.com/make.log
where mips64make is as follows:
alias mips64make="make ARCH=mips CROSS_COMPILE=mips64-unknown-linux-gnu-"

thanks...

On 7/1/05, Kumba <kumba@gentoo.org> wrote:
> David Cummings wrote:
> > same error on both 2.6.12 sources
> > -dave
> >
> > On 7/1/05, Stephen P. Becker <geoman@gentoo.org> wrote:
> >

> I'm suspecting an error in your config.  While I haven't built an IP27 kernel
> multiple ways, the config I used for my netboot worked well enough.  You might
> want to start from that and tweak it to your liking.
>
> One note of warning, however, current 2.6.12 IP27 and IP30 kernels don't have a
> working ethernet driver due to a bug in IOC3 that's triggered by some code
> additions in 2.6.12.  I've got a reversal patch that removes said code, but I
> think a fix may have recently gone in, so I have to test it and cut a new
> mips-sources release (which I'm doing currently).
>

> --Kumba
>
> --
> Gentoo/MIPS Team Lead
> Gentoo Foundation Board of Trustees
>
> "Such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world: small hands
> do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are elsewhere."  --Elrond
> --

The way that can be named is not the Way.