List:       gentoo-mips
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-mips] compile error
From:       Kumba <kumba () gentoo ! org>
Date:       2005-07-01 15:54:45

David Cummings wrote:
> same error on both 2.6.12 sources
> -dave
>
> On 7/1/05, Stephen P. Becker <geoman@gentoo.org> wrote:

I'm suspecting an error in your config.  While I haven't built an IP27 kernel
multiple ways, the config I used for my netboot worked well enough.  You might
want to start from that and tweak it to your liking.

One note of warning, however, current 2.6.12 IP27 and IP30 kernels don't have a
working ethernet driver due to a bug in IOC3 that's triggered by some code
additions in 2.6.12.  I've got a reversal patch that removes said code, but I
think a fix may have recently gone in, so I have to test it and cut a new
mips-sources release (which I'm doing currently).

--Kumba

--
Gentoo/MIPS Team Lead
Gentoo Foundation Board of Trustees

"Such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world: small hands
do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are elsewhere."  --Elrond