List:       gentoo-doc
Subject:    [gentoo-doc] About myself
From:       Jesper Brodersen <broeman () gentoo ! org>
Date:       2003-11-30 15:02:29

On request from the IRC, I am going to write something about myself:

My name is Jesper Brodersen, and finished my education as M.Sc.
Information Technology Product Design this summer. The education could
be seen as Context Research mixed with Usability Design. There are many
fancy words for the study, but it hasn't catched on in Europe yet, so I
am unemployed. Before that, I studied B.Sc. in International Economy and
Business Administration (even though I hated it, but nice to have
anyways :)

I have played with Linux since 1996, where I downloaded Slackware on
some floppy-disks at school and copied every package to my home-computer
(took about a month, no hurry :) I was met with a console, and had no
idea how to use it. I bought a Redhat 5.2 in 1998, but was disappointed
about the graphics in FVWM and it got hidden in the shelf, until I tried
Mandrake in 1999 and used it until 2002, where I went on a purity-roll
for Linux and compiled everything from scratch (LFS). I got tired of
keeping everything updated, so I switched to Gentoo, and got a nice
community with it (all the stupid questions I asked on the forums
*sheesh* :)

To make a long story short (which I didn't :P), I like the ideology of
Open Source, and have to say that I even follow the RMS-"church" pretty
much (even though, as BennyC said, you get lazy with the years :). I
have been living in a Dorm for 5 years now (free Internet, but only 2GB
per week) and have a nice community of friends and drinking buddies :)

Well, I must stop now,
Sincerely,
Jesper Brodersen,
aka broeman
(the name comes from my Business College times, where everyone in the
class had kinda gangsta-names, just for fun of course, now mostly
everyone knows me by that name).