List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-user] OpenRc-0.12 is coming soon
From:       Rich Freeman <rich0 () gentoo ! org>
Date:       2013-08-16 14:42:37

On Fri, Aug 16, 2013 at 10:09 AM, Markos Chandras <hwoarang@gentoo.org> wrote:
> The package is now masked (openrc-0.12) because quite a few people
> lost their net configs
>
> So yep, ~arch being *this* broken is not so nice

And hence the value of having a group of volunteer guinea pigs
(anybody running ~arch) is demonstrated.  That said, masking big
changes and calling for volunteers among the volunteers doesn't hurt.

Seems like we need to be more careful with code that runs outside the
sandbox.  Config protection is nice, but it is useless when code runs
outside the sandbox.

Rich