List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    [gentoo-dev] Re: Last rites: ccc.eclass
From:       Ryan Hill <dirtyepic () gentoo ! org>
Date:       2010-01-26 7:17:27

On Sat, 16 Jan 2010 15:29:48 +0200
Petteri Räty <betelgeuse@gentoo.org> wrote:

> On 01/12/2010 12:23 AM, Brian Harring wrote:
> > On Mon, Jan 11, 2010 at 09:25:51PM +0100, Raaal Porcel wrote:
> >> scarabeus told me that the eclass can't be removed until two years since
> >> the deprecation date, so...
> >>
> >> Removal of the eclass on 2012/01/11
> >
> > Reasoning?  Prior to env saving we couldn't particularly punt
> > eclasses, but env saving is widely deployed now...
> >
> > ~harring
>
> At least my argument at the time was that better to be safe when the
> benefit from removing old eclasses isn't that much.

Still, waiting another two years to be able to remove an eclass which
itself hasn't been used in two years seems a little ridiculous.  I can see
waiting two years from when env saving went into stable, but that's passed
already.

wxlib.eclass was recently removed (accidentally) after being
deprecated for just a couple months, and the world continued to revolve
despite it. ;)

--
fonts,                                looks like Christmas at 55 degrees
gcc-porting,                              this latitude weakens my knees